Maitreyi Bordia Das
Maitreyi Bordia Das is the World Bank's Global Lead for Social Inclusion. Based in Washington DC, she works on issues of inequality and exclusion and on the design and implementation of social policy and programs. Among other publications, Maitreyi is also the lead author of the 2013 report, "Inclusion Matters: The Foundation for Shared Prosperity" and most recently of "Scaling the Heights: Social Inclusion and Sustainable Development in Himachal Pradesh". She started her career as a lecturer in St Stephen's College, University of Delhi, has been a MacArthur Fellow at the Harvard Center of Population and Development Studies and worked as advisor to the United Nations Development Program. She has a PhD in Sociology (Demography) from the University of Maryland.
Before joining the World Bank, Maitreyi was in the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- Promoting social inclusion to achieve zero discrimination
- The tyranny of toilets
- World Population Day 2017: What can we learn from Bangladesh?
- Of pigs, pythons and population growth – setting the record straight
- عن الخنازير والأفاعي والنمو السكاني- تصحيح المفاهيم الخاطئة
- Putting Ideas to practice: one stop in the journey of “Inclusion Matters”
- 3 myths about social inclusion in water
- 5 lessons to turn evidence into policy
- Arrival cities: migrants and social inclusion - Live online March 11
- Can an index ever be a good measure of social inclusion?
- Reflections on International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Pourquoi s’intéresser au cas « Leonarda » ?
- Who is Leonarda Dibrani? And why do we care?
- Between Hope, Cynicism, Anger and the Banality of Data
- Song as Evidence, Song as Voice
- Blogging Social Inclusion: Why Now?
- Yes, how many deaths will it take till we know…
- Employment Programs By Any Other Name...
- International Women's Day: Why Aren’t We More Concerned About Women’s Physical Safety?
- Of Perceptions and Reality
- Can social audits be change agents?